- How did you feel while you interviewed a classmate? Do you believe that seeing an interview from the employer’s perspective makes you more prepared or not? Please explain.
I felt what it is like to do an interview from the employers perspective. I think seeing an interview from the side of the employer makes me more prepared because now I have an idea on what an employer would ask and what to expect.
- How did you feel while you were interviewed by a classmate? Did you feel anxious, nervous, scared, prepared, overwhelmed, confident, etc.? Please explain why you felt that way.
While I was being interviewed by my classmate I felt prepared, confident, but also a little nervous. I felt prepared because I knew it wasn’t real but if today was a real interview I wouldn’t be prepared so i would be nervous.
- How do you feel about your responses? Do you think your responses to the questions were adequate or do you feel you could have done better? What question did you find easy? What question did you find difficult to answer?
To be honest my answers could be better but for today I believe they are adequate. Most of the questions were easy to answer but some of the personal questions were a little difficult.
- What advice would you give someone who is participating in a mock interview or a real interview? What advice would you give yourself; in other words, how do you think you could improve for your real interview?
I would tell the person doing the mock interview to act like it is real and I would tell someone doing a real interview good luck and I hope you get the position. Some advice I would give myself would be to just be calm and answer the questions.
- Yes, I know these mock interviews weren’t real, so imagine how you would perform in the interview if it was real. What have you learned you need to do to be better prepared? How should you dress for an interview? How should you behave before, during, and after an interview? What should you bring with you to an interview?
I already stated what I would do to prepare for a real interview in an earlier question. what I would wear to the interview would depend on what job the interview is for, for example an accountant would dress differently than a web designer.
- Evaluate the activity. Be honest. What do you think was good about this class activity? How do you think we could improve this activity for next time, next year? Do you believe this is a skill you do need or do not need in real life? Please explain.
This class activity was a good thing to do because it shows how an interview is like. I don’t really know how this activity can be improved. This is a skill you need in real life because you will have to talk with your coworkers.
- What did you learn from your presentation?I learned that I don’t want to be a construction manager
- How well do you think you did on your presentation?I think I did pretty well on my presentation
- What are some presentation techniques that you can incorporate into your next presentation? I could incorporate more explanation
- what if anything could you have done differently to change the outcome of your presentation? I could have explained about things more
- finish the following statements:
a. I wish that I would have…
b. If I could present my presentation again I would…
c. Now that I have reflected on my presentation, I…
a. I wish I would have done better
b. If I could present my presentation again I would do some more research
c. Now that I have reflected on my presentation, I still think I did pretty well